Lawn Service Specialist
Massey Services is now hiring Lawn Service Specialists for our Leesburg, Florida market.
In addition to a variety of competitive compensation plans, we offer a full range of benefits, including:
• Company vehicle
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Paid Life Insurance
• Paid vacation, holidays & sick days
• Short-term & long-term disability
• 401(k) retirement plan with company match
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition reimbursement program
About Massey Services
We are a premier service industry innovator and the nation’s largest Family Owned Pest Management Company. We provide a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to individual team members with exceptional upper management advance opportunities, unique benefits that extend beyond medical and dental, and a belief that “Our People Make the Difference”.
Massey Services, Inc. is celebrating over 36 consecutive years of growth. Voted: “Best Places to Work” and “Top 100 Companies”, our goal is to continuously expand our current client base and expand our footprint in new, and current markets. Our client base is extremely diverse and we’re seeking Laser-Focused individuals who strive to maximize their professional careers, and tap in to their greatest potential.
Job Functions & Duties
- Learn and comply with all Company policies, standards and protocols in regards to assigned service days, minimum daily production, GreenUp treating techniques, etc.
- Maintain and service all GreenUp customers according to Company policy, standards and protocols.
- Complete all Company training as required.
- Attend all technical training meetings as required.
- Maintain vehicle in a clean, safe and properly decaled condition.
- Maintain a complete inventory of Company required equipment.
- Keep vehicle and equipment organized.
- Keep all equipment clean and in operating condition.
- Inspect for and advise customers of potential problems.
- Present solutions based on conditions, avenues and sources that promote pest success.
- Foster positive rapport and relationships with customers.
- Respond to all customer complaints during the business day received and resolve within 48 hours or at the customer’s convenience.
- Maintain unserviced accounts list and reschedule missed accounts daily.
- Maintain and follow all "special instructions" on each account.
- Stay informed in regards to all state, federal and local regulations and Company policies and procedures as they relate to your job.
- Learn the safety procedures and equipment related to your job and use them as they are required.
- Perform all job duties according to regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain current product knowledge and remain informed of the latest technical data pertaining to industry products, material and equipment.
- Remain in contact with the office during the day and respond to all communications in a timely manner.
- Submit daily service reports as required by Company standards.
- Complete service records in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Accurately document information on reports.
- Obtain customer signature on all documents according to Company policy.
- Make every effort to prevent cancellations.
- Provide service on time.
- Return every call by a customer in a timely manner and with sincere concern.
- Notify management immediately of requests for cancellations.
- Provide solutions to customer concerns.
- Inform management of any safety issues, customer concerns and service issues encountered during the day.
- Make a minimum of one new Sale per week.
- Secure leads for all services provided by our Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Project A Quality Image –Look and Act Professional
- Deliver Great Service – On Time –Satisfy Every Customer
- Honor Your Commitment – Be Dependable
- Never Stop Learning –Technically – Legally – Professionally
- Build Trusting Relationships With Customers –Always Do What’s Right
Experience, Education, and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Must have or be able to obtain required driver’s license and maintain a company-approved driving record.
- Must possess ability to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral, computer, or diagrammatic form.
- Must possess ability to deal with problems encountered during business transactions.
- Must possess mathematical ability to accurately complete and file necessary reports.
- Must be able to read and comprehend industry product labels.
- Must possess good communication skills and exhibit a willing-to-please, friendly demeanor and a professional image at all times.
Typical Physical & Mental Demands
- Requires constant (67%-100% of the time) walking, climbing ladders, stairs, attics), crawling, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, and stretching.
- Requires constant ability to move freely about the office building and between customer locations. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires occasional (0-30% of the time) lifting (up to 50lbs) while performing duties.
- Must possess ability and stamina to work long hours and conduct several inspections per day in attics, crawl spaces and other areas.
- Must possess ability to climb heights.
- Must possess ability to endure exposure to high temperatures while conducting inspections.
Typical Working Conditions
- Requires constant contact with the public and employees.
- Work is usually performed outdoors and in/on customer property.
- May be exposed to rain, hail, winds, dust, dirt, cement, grass, shrubs, trees and others.
- Incumbent may be exposed to industry products while conducting work.
- Must possess ability to operate and trouble-shoot lawn and tree/shrub equipment including, but not limited to: backpack applicators, drills, shovels, carpenter’s tools, power tools, truck equipment and other industry equipment.
At Massey Services, there are many reasons why a successful career starts with our company:
• We are one of the nation’s largest and most respected service companies, with a history of providing quality service for more than three decades.
• We employ more than 2,400 team members to provide residential and commercial pest prevention, termite protection and landscape services to approximately 650,000 customers from 167 service centers throughout Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Oklahoma, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas.
• We are still growing – in fact, we nearly double in size every five years!
No matter where you are on your career ladder, the opportunity is available at Massey Services for you to learn and grow as far as your ambitions can take you.
Join our winning and growing team and take control of your career. Click “Apply now” today!
Massey Services is a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.